Made some dimsum to satisfy my cravings. Just kidding, these are little meringue cookies, shaped like dimsum! 🥟 Here we have some bao, dumplings (could be hargow), lo mai gai, and shumai. It’s currently quarantine still where I live and I miss being able to go to Cantonese places on the weekends and getting dimsum straight from the carts, but this will have to do in the meantime until quarantine ends.
- 200g of sugar
- 100g of egg whites
- 1/4tsp of cream of tartar
- 1/4tsp of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Put egg whites and cream of tartar in clean bowl. Whisk at medium speed until foamy.
- In 3 additions, add sugar to egg whites. Whisk at medium high speed in between.
- Once you get to soft peaks, add vanilla extract in. Continue to whip until you get stiff peaks.
- Color and pipe.
- Bake for 2 hours or until the meringues are dry to the touch.